We create innovative software for iPhone, iPad, iPod and OS X. We produce a wide range of software but specialise in video and photography apps.
Light Boost is a light boosting camera that takes brighter, clearer photos and videos in low light.
Simple one-touch photo or video recording in Light Boost gives dramatically better results – brighter shots, less graininess. It’s finely balanced, easy to use combined with high performance.
Find out more at lightboostapp.com
Looking for fun yet powerful night vision that fits in your pocket? You came to the right place. True NightVision features advanced image enhancement AND unique light gathering modes making this the most potent night vision app available. If that’s not enough, we added live FX for thermal imaging, night scope and more!
A couple of weeks ago Apple introduced the iPhone 5C and 5S. While the 5C is nearly identical to the original iPhone 5, the 5S features a new and improved camera. Let’s take a look at how it performs in low light, compared to the iPhone 5/5C (with an iPhone 4 thrown in for comparison).
We’ve taken photos with both Apple’s camera app and NightCap. These photos were taken under identical conditions for an accurate comparison, using iOS 7 on the 5/5S and iOS 6 on the iPhone 4. Click on the images to view the originals. Read more…
Looking for a good introduction to the basic apps and techniques you’ll need to take great photos with your iPhone?
Lightism have produced an excellent getting starting guide, covering a few base techniques with just 4 apps (including NightCap for low light iPhone photography).
Read more at lightism.co.uk:
Simple blueprint to enable anyone to master iPhonography
Introducing Camera Boost 4: It’s the Camera Boost that so many iPad owners know and love, but now it works on the iPhone 4S and 5 too! And with iPhone support we’ve introduced a stunning new interface unlike any other camera app.
- Camera controls are always by the iPhone’s Home button. Rotate the phone, and the interface rotates with it – this means it’s works brilliantly whether you’re right or left handed.
- At the opposite end of the screen is the tool panel, easily hidden by swiping it away when you want a full screen view.
- The preset filter list and FX list (image controls) appear on transparent overlays so you can always see what you’re doing.
The app naturally has full iPhone 5 support, and even enables High ISO mode when you turn on Night Mode.
Critically acclaimed low light camera app for iPhone NightCap has just been updated!
New features in version 3:
- Full iPhone 5 support:
- New iPhone 5 optimised interface with much improved controls
- Supports iPhone 5 High ISO mode (boosts ISO from 800 to 3200)
- New Burst mode (available in settings)
- TIFF and HQ JPEG support for higher photo quality (available in settings)
- More responsive: Exposure time is limited to 1/3s for faster handling and less blur (you can disable this in the settings if you prefer the full 1 second exposure time)
- Photo sharing: Share via email, twitter or facebook
- Photo printing
- Easily open photos in your favourite editing app
- Full iOS 6 support
Life in LoFi have a good article on shooting fireworks with an iPhone. It’s a challenging subject, but with the right tools and the right knowledge you can get some excellent results! NightCap is perfect for this – longer exposures give you beautiful trails of fire, and locking the focus and exposure ensures you get perfect shots.
When you use slow shutter speeds with a camera (as NightCap does), then you have to hold the camera still or you get a blurry photo and light trails. But why not take advantage of that? Light trails are pretty cool, and you can make some amazing images with them!